Firefighters use their hands often, which means they need gloves that provide extensive protection. Finding the right structural and extrication gloves is simple with Bunker Gear Specialists. Keeping your hands safe allows you to work harder and help those in need.
Structural Firefighter Gloves at Bunker Gear Specialists
Fighting in or near a structural fire requires a protective pair of gloves. All structural firefighting gloves should meet National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) standards. Structural gloves need to protect you from the environment, extreme heat, physical and bloodborne hazards. Newer updates to NFPA standards for structural gloves also require:
- Increased protection from burns, specifically on the back of the hand.
- Better glove sizing guidelines.
- Safer liquid barriers that prevent liquid and bloodborne pathogens for up to one hour.
Firefighter Extrication Gloves
Firefighters may need to extricate a victim from an accident, such as in the case of a car accident or vehicle fire. There are several hazards in these situations, including glass shards and metal that can puncture your gloves or otherwise cause injuries. Extrication gloves help prevent cuts, scratches and other abrasions while you complete your job.
Since many firefighters respond to incidents other than fires, they need a glove that protects their skin during any hazard. Firefighter extrication gloves are an excellent, versatile choice since they're puncture- and abrasion-resistant.
Brands of Firefighter Gloves
Whether you're looking for extrication or structural firefighting gloves, you can find what you need at BGS. We understand the vitality of a firefighter's protection during the job. That's why we offer top-of-the-line gloves that take all the necessary precautions.
If you're looking for structural firefighting gloves, we carry multiple brands:
- HexArmor structural firefighting gloves: These gloves come with a Kevlar® liner to prevent injuries like cuts. The Nomex® liner is temperature-resistant up to 360 degrees. These gloves also protect your wrists.
- INNOTEX firefighting gloves: The INNOTEX gloves protect while promoting natural movement. These gloves also have a liner that protects against heat.
- Dragon Fire structural gloves: These gloves have a Kovenex lining to protect your hands from the heat. They work well over long-term use.
BGS also carries extrication firefighting gloves, such as:
- HexArmor extrication gloves: These gloves promote visibility with a bright color scheme. They're resistant against impacts and cuts, too. These gloves are machine washable so you can easily care for them.
Protect Your Hands During Lifesaving Operations With Firefighter Gloves From BGS
Firefighting gloves offer protection where you'll need it most. Purchasing a pair that meets NFPA standards from Bunker Gear Specialists ensures that you can do your job efficiently and safely. When you're ready to buy, our support staff will listen to your needs and recommend the best solution for you and your team.
We also sell several other types of protective gear at BGS. If you buy multiple items, we'll "bag and tag" the pieces so you can easily distribute the right size gear to your firefighters.
The team at Bunker Gear Specialists wants to increase your safety with only the best gear and gloves. Please email [email protected] or call 222-644-3535 for a free quote today.